Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 6

I've slowly been seeing progress while running, but have yet to see progress at the weigh in. Well this week was a good one. I lost 5 pounds and destroyed my previous personal best time of 31:52 by 1:40! I blew past 9 minute miles to nearly 8.5 minute miles. Imagine what I'll be able to do when I get this 40 pound bag of weights off my butt?

I started utilizing Intel's on-site gym. The two other guys on my team go with me and we work out 3 times a week. It means the three of us have to log in at night and answer emails we missed from 4pm-5pm on those days, but I prefer being able to be home with my family and not make this weight loss adventure the focus of our lives. The advantage is I've started strength training which I think is going to be huge. It's easier to lose weight when you drive an F-150 than a Prius, if you catch my meaning. But I hate treadmills. They are so boring, and hard to get excited about. But I somehow suffer through the 25mins of running in place followed by a brisk 5 min walking in place.

Week 6 - Losing Weight!
Basketball Events: 1
Strength Training: 2
Running Events: 4 (3 on a Treadmill)
  • Best Time:
  • Distance: 3.5 miles
  • Time: 30:12 *NEW PERSONAL BEST*
  • Minutes per Mile: 8:38
Weight: 274 lbs *LOST 5 POUNDS*

1 comment: