Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 24

I got one chance this week to do a time trial.  And I thought I was moving fast.  The whole way out I was thinking, "this is going to destroy the record I set a few weeks ago."  Then at the mid way point I turn around to head back, hit the lap button, check the time, and realize that I didn't even have my best first-half time.  I was totally deflated, so I lumbered my deflated self on sub-par run back.

The silver lining this week is I lost some weight this week.  The kids fell asleep early on Wednesday and I zonked out early too, sleeping without dinner.  Not eating that dinner made quite the difference.   Also of note, I've returned to wearing contacts.  My senior year of high school after the basketball season was done I got rid of my contacts (a necessity for sports) in favor of some glasses.  I've been wearing glasses ever since.  When I returned home from my mission nearly 10 years ago, I thought a pair of horned rimmed glasses would be cool.  So I started wearing horned rimmed glasses.  And that was cool until hipsters started wearing them too, often without the need for prescription lenses.  Way to go hipsters.  You ruined horned rimmed glasses.  So I have to wear contacts now.  Just do me a favor and stay away from baseball.


Week 24 - Back to contacts

Basketball Events: 2
Strength Training: 1
Softball Games: 1 (2-4, Double)
Running Events: 1

Best Time:
  • Distance: 3.5 miles
  • Time: 26:36 
  • Minutes per mile: 7:36
Weight: 244 - *LOST 3 POUNDS*  36 lbs since January 1!

P.S.  We closed on our house and take possession on July 15th!  We should move in around July 20th once the popcorn ceiling has been removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment