Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week 22

In one week, I'll be doing something I never would have done last year, running in a 10k. Since this is Amurka! and we don't use the metric system, I'll be running a 6.214 mile race. In a little more than half that distance, you've noted that in the past few weeks I've been able to sustain a pace of about 7:40 per mile. Over the greater distance, I expect my pace will be slower, but I plan to do at least 8 minute miles. If I do worse than 8 minute miles, I think that will make me a failure. I'll be spending the coming week training my body to the pace. Wish me good training.

On Saturday I decided to play basketball for 2 hours and then help a friend move. But then I thought it would be cool to run to the move and run home after. No problem. Being in shape is way more awesome than being fat. Also the Red Sox are starting to close the gap in the AL East. Good week.


Week 22 - Good Week

Basketball Events: 1
Strength Training: 1
Softball Games: 2 (Game 1: 2-3; Game 2: 3-4, Double)
Running Events: 3

Best Time:

  • Distance: 3.5 miles
  • Time: 26:10
  • Minutes per mile: 7:29 (closing in on the freak time)

Weight: 247 - No weight lost

No comments:

Post a Comment