Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 4

I ran twice this week, getting personal bests each time. On my run on Saturday, I very nearly broke 9 min/mile goal I thought would take me several months to break. I'm only a month into this, so that is promising. Seeing rapid progress in my running ability is also making me feel better about not losing weight just yet. My first run of the week I ran 9:18 min miles, and finished the 3.5 mile course in 32:44. My second run nearly shaved a minute off that time.

Week 4 - Making progress
Basketball Events: 1
Running Events: 2
BEST Time:
  • Distance: 3.5 miles
  • Time: 31:52
  • Minutes per Mile: 9:06
Weight: 280 lbs

My goal for this week is to run twice and to get the average below 9 minute miles. Stay tuned for next week. There will be graphs and data analysis!

5 comments:

  1. I've been forgetting to post. This last week.

    Basketball 2 hours.
    Two runs, each 3.5 miles in 24 min.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 24 mins! Let me get to 8 min miles first and then I'll get to 7 min miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are cracking me up.....charts ad data analysis. I just know what I did kicked my butt and I am sore. The end. No analysis needed beyond that, but I am over 40 not much more to gather. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I just realized I didn't report that right by you reaction. It was 28 minutes. Here's this week so far: Mon - basketball for one hour. Tonight - running 4 miles, 29 min. (note that I'm running on a treadmill, so these numbers aren't as impressive)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Treadmill is harder because it's boring.

    ReplyDelete