Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Week 19


The important thing this week was the return of softball.  Last week got rained out, so we made up one of those games on Wednesday.  I was concerned that without the weight somehow my power would be gone.  Not true.  I'm just faster, a lot faster.  I hit a home run in the first game of the year on Wednesday and then on Thursday I hit another one in the 2nd game of a double header.  Two homers in three games to me says that my power isn't gone, I'm just faster.  I made use of it.  In the base paths I was moving like I haven't in years.  I was stretching extra bases, getting to balls I usually couldn't get to, and beating out throws to first on deeply fielded grounders that used to get me.  Sometimes it takes losing weight to realize how much the extra baggage really holds you back.

We also got a new stroller to accommodate both little Henry and Claire.  It has inflatable tires, so it can double as a jogging stroller.  I tried it out on my 3.5 mile course.  It is hard work.  I did get one legit time-trial in, and it was dismal.  Starting to wonder if my time last week was a freak accident.

Week 19 - Softball Returns!

Basketball Events: 1
Strength Training: 0
Softball Games: 3 (Game 1: 4-5, HR; Game 2: 2-4; Game 3: 2-4, HR)
Running Events: 3 (1 with the stroller)

Best Time:
  • Distance: 3.5 miles
  • Time: 27:38 
  • Minutes per mile: 7:54 (Dismal pace - have to go back several weeks before I was that slow)
Weight: 248 - *LOST 1 POUND*

1 comment:

  1. You made a profound statement about the "Baggage." So true...

    ReplyDelete