Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week 27


Before I left for Wisconsin on Wednesday, I made an attempt to set a personal best on my 3.5 mile there-and-back course.  I was going fast on the way out.  I checked my stop watch after the turn and saw 12:14.  This was much better than anything I had done before.  This was my plan.  I did some research into my past data and found that when I set personal records, my first half of the run was always much faster than in previous PRs.  I was feeling good ... for about 200 yards.  Then I cramped up and folded like a cheap lawn chair.  The pain was exquisite.  Somehow I managed not to stop, but I my pace was barely a lumber at something just below 8.5 minute miles--I haven't had that slow of a pace for months.  

My cardiovascular breakdown demonstrates an endurance problem.  The current PR was set on the back of the best "back" time I've ever had.  I've never even approached it.  And on my way back on this most recent attempt, I was on pace to set a new PR, but then freak time laughed at me and said, "Come back when you're worthy."  We move next week to our new house, so I'll only have two more attempts at breaking the record.  If I fail in the next two attempts, I'll return for an exhibition run ... when I'm worthy.

Week 27 - Come back when you are worthy

Basketball Events: 0
Strength Training: 1
Softball Games: 2 (Game 1: 1-2; Game 2: 2-4, Double, 3-run Home Run)
Running Events: 2

Best Time:
  • Distance: 3.5 miles
  • Time: 26:55
  • Lap 1: 12:14 - (6:59 per mile pace, previous best was 7:09) best ever by nearly 17 seconds
  • Lap 2: 14:41
  • Total average pace: 7:41 per mile
Weight: 243 - *No weight lost* (Scale in Wisconsin isn't digital, so though it appeared to be 242, I can't in good conscience declare the pound lost.  I'm just grateful to have maintained while on vacation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment