Monday, July 23, 2012

Week 29


We moved this week to our new house.  And all the exertion from moving did wonders.  When someone needs help moving, you should volunteer because you burn a lot of calories.  I lost all the weight I gained from vacation and then some.

My sister came to visit and I had her help me on my run.  I wanted her to improve my pace on the second half of the course.  It almost worked.  I started too slow.  My out time was about 10 seconds slower than the same half when I set my PR but my time back was essentially the same.  My sister pushed my pace on the way back and I kept an astonishing 7:35 per mile pace for the second half.  This was a huge win since it was the first time since setting the PR that I've been able to run that pace on the way back.  Thanks sis!

I also played some old timey baseball.  I play for the Pioneer Base Ball Club.  Every year we play the West Linn Willamettes at the Annual Old Time Fair in West Linn.  The venue for that game isn't very good.  It's on a softball field which messes up the whole vintage vibe.  The best game is played on the grounds of Fort Vancouver.  We play the Vancouver Occidentals there every year as the Shermans (historically a team of soldiers at the Fort).  We won on the walk-off single of my friend Paul.  I feel I played quite averagely.  Though I had a couple of good hits.  I hit a monster shot that hit the branch of a tree in deep left field that was ruled a ground rule double.  And I hit another monster shot in the bottom of the ninth to start our 4-run game winning rally, that should have been an easy home run (no fences--in the old days you used to have to actually run home to get a home run) but became a triple when I slipped rounding third.  I was going a little too fast with no cleats.  Apparently, cleats weren't invented in time for vintage baseball.  A fan got a picture of me just before I wiped out and posted it to Facebook.


Compare the picture to when I've played in the past to see how much weight I lost.  You can also see video of me running (realize I'm using the term "running" loosely) out 2 home runs.  I really wish I had video of me running last Saturday so I could see how much faster I am.

Week 28 - Moving on up

Basketball Events: 0
Strength Training: 1
Softball Games: 1 (3-4, Double, Home Run)
Old Timey Baseball Games: 2 (Game 1: 2-4, Triple; Game 2: 4-6, Ground Rule Double, Triple)
Running Events: 1

Best Time:
  • Distance: 3.5 miles
  • Time: 26:03 
  • Minutes per mile: 7:26
Weight: 241 - *LOST 5 POUNDS*

1 comment: