Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Week 30


I've lost 40 lbs this year.  40.  I can't believe I used to carry 40 lbs extra.  It turns out, if you take away that weight I'm pretty fast.  I stretched a single into a double and then a double into a triple in consecutive at bats on Thursday.  Getting a triple in softball is really hard.  This is because there are 4 outfielders, and the fences aren't MLB distance with a 400ft center field.  When I get up, people usually sit pretty far back (which makes it easy to make a double out of a single) but really hard to get a triple.  You have to hit it just right and think 3 out of the box.  But to stretch a double into a triple is really hard.  You just plain have to be fast.  Well I'm fast.  I'm fast.

We moved, so I had to find a new course.  I wanted it to be 4 miles.  So if I take a certain route to and through Rosa Park out to Butternut Park, it's 2 miles.  Then I just run back.  I'm going to call it the Rosa Run.  And my previous course (which I'll return to someday to beat my PR there) will from this point on be known as Triple Creek.  Well on the inagural run, I kept a pace that were you to clock me at 3.5 miles (Triple Creek distance) I'd have destroyed my personal best by 18 seconds.  I kept an average pace of a couple tenths of a second better than 7:20/mile.  It was so good I had to double check the distance on mapmyrun.com.  It's legit!

Week 30 - Extra Bases

Basketball Events: 1
Strength Training: 1
Softball Games: 2 (Game 1: 2-3, Double, Home Run; Game 2: 2-3, Double, Triple)
Running Events: 1

Best Time:
  • Course:  Rosa Run
  • Distance: 4.0 miles
  • Time: 29:19 
  • Minutes per mile: 7:20 (Best pace to date over at least 3 miles)

Weight: 240 - *LOST 1 POUND - 40 lbs to date!*

1 comment:

  1. You have always made me proud. No, maybe I should be grateful, not proud, but this last year as I have watched you emerge into who you really Are...I can't help but be proud.

    ReplyDelete